Bali Ijen Crater Tour to See the Amazing Natural Scenery and Blue Fire
CODE: BSI – EJT01
Bali Ijen Crater Tour is a direct tour to Mount Ijen leaving from Bali Island without staying overnight. This is a short tour to see the beauty of the Ijen crater and blue fire. This tour will take you directly to the foot of Mount Ijen and climb to the top of the mountain to see the amazing natural scenery. Furthermore, this tour which takes 2 days / 1 night without staying will give you an amazing experience in your vacation in this tropical region. Likewise, we will take you to see the natural phenomenon of blue fire which can only be found in 2 places in the world. And also, we will enjoy the sunrise from the top of this volcano with beautiful views surrounding it. So, this tour is truly extraordinary that you should not miss it.
In addition, the Bali Ijen Crater Tour departs Bali and directly goes to Ijen located in Banyuwangi, East Java. Your journey takes a long time, starting from your pick-up at the hotel to the port of Gilimanuk and crossing to Banyuwangi. However, our experienced tour guides will always accompany your trip. Likewise, our safe driver with a full AC vehicle will make your trip more comfortable. In addition, we have designed our tour packages perfectly with attractive benefits and affordable prices. So, this tour is one of the East Java Tours which is popular among tourists in Bali. You can also see other tour deals on Bali and Beyond Vacation Packages on our site.
What We Offer for Bali Ijen Crater Tour?
Ijen Tour Prices
Price: IDR 2,789K net/person ( minimum 2 person )
Single supplement: IDR 1,389K net/person
- Rates are valid for minimum 2 people booking
Bali Ijen Crater Tour’s Rate Inclusions:
- 21% tax and service charge
- 1 x lunch
- 1 x dinner
- mineral water on each meal
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Entrance fee at Ijen Crater
- Return Ferry Ticket Bali – Java – Bali
- Air-conditioning car transfer based on itinerary
- Local English speaking tour guide
How Does Bali Ijen Crater Tour Work?
The Bali Ijen Crater Tour departs from Bali and ends also on this island. Our experienced tour guide will pick you up at the hotel where you stay. After that, we will immediately leave and head to the port of Gilimanuk. This trip will take a while depending on the location of your hotel. Upon arrival at Gilimanuk, we will cross to Java using a ferry. After arriving at the Ketapang Harbor, we headed straight to the foot of Mount Ijen and rested for a while in the parking area. When the climbing door opens at 1 am, we will climb through the slippery, dusty, and sandy climbing track. When we arrive at the top of the mountain, we will go down the valley to the crater of Mount Ijen to see blue fire coming out of sulfur rocks.
After that, we go back up to the top of the mountain to see the sunrise and the beauty of the surrounding natural scenery. Then, we go down to the foot of the mountain through the same path. We return to Bali via the Ketapang port and cross to Gilimanuk by ferry. Next, we immediately go back to your hotel to end the Bali Ijen Crater Tour.
Itinerary of Bali Ijen Crater Tour
- 16.00 pm: pick up at your hotel In Bali ( Based on your hotel location in Bali )
- 18.30 pm: short break at Rambut Siwi Temple
- 21.00 pm: arrive at Gilimanuk Port
- 21.00 pm: arrive at Ketapang Port in Banyuwangi ( different 1 hour from Bali time )
- 23.00 pm: arrive at Paltuding Ijen Crater
- 01.00 am – 02.00 am: open check-in for Ijen Trekking
- 04.30 am: arrive at Injen crater to see blue fire
- 06.00 – 06.30 am: enjoy the sunrise
- 07.30 am: Trekking down
- 09.30 am: arrive at Paltuding check-in point
- 10.00 am: depart to Ketapang Port
- 12.00 pm: arrive at Ketapang Port
- 13.00 pm: arrive at Gilimanuk Port
- 13.30 pm: lunch at a local restaurant
- 19.00 pm: arrive at your hotel
Mount Ijen is a volcano located on the border between Banyuwangi and Bondowoso, East Java, with an altitude of 2386 meters above sea level. The mountain is blessed with a phenomenal rare nature of blue fire that can be found in the crater. Meanwhile, Ijen Crater is an acidic crater lake at the top of a mountain with a lake depth of 200 meters and a craters area reaching 5,466 hectares. Ijen Crater Lake is known as the largest strong acid lake in the world and spits out strong and dangerous sulfur fumes. Likewise, temperatures at the top of the mountain to minus 3 degrees Celsius with strong winds. While the hiking trail with sandy and slippery soil conditions. For that, you need to pay attention to the following things and make maximum preparation to join this tour.
- Make sure you must have a strong stamina to join this tour
- Make maximum preparations and bring suggested items
- This tour does not stay overnight and will require excellent stamina.
- The climbing gate is only open at 01.00 – 03.00 am with a maximum number of 1000 climbers.
- Mount Ijen can be closed by the authorities at any time due to natural factors for safety.
- For those of you who are suffering from heart disease, asthma, respiratory problems, epilepsy, cold allergies, dust allergies, fear of heights and darkness are not permitted to join this tour.
What to Wear and Bring?
- Proper jacket for 3 degree temperatures.
- Gloves and skullcaps.
- Warm long pants for climbing.
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes are recommended
- Flashlight and mask.
- Meals, Snack and drinks.
Public facilities that you can buy and rent at Ijen?
- Stroller rental services for those of you who can’t climb.
- You can buy gloves, socks, and skullcaps in the Ijen Mountain parking area at your own expense.
- Local Food and Drink stall
Terms and Conditions
- The above Bali Ijen Crater Tour’s rates are valid until 31 March 2021.
- The above rates are in USD Currency and net including tax and service charge.
- The minimum booking required is 2 adult however if you are a single traveler, the single traveler charge will be applied.
- Minimum 15 days booking for this Bali Ijen Crater Tour can be accepted otherwise it will be subject to availability bases.
- The booking confirmation is subject to availability bases.
- We require the advance payment and booking request to block and secure the space, otherwise, it will be subject to availability bases.
- This tour is an adventure tour to nature, especially the volcano and everything is dependent on natural conditions.
- If there is a tour cancellation done by parties outside of Bali Star Island due to natural conditions, then it is not our responsibility. This tour cancellation usually occurs on:
- Prohibition of climbing to the top of Mount Ijen
- Prohibition down the crater of Ijen to see blue fire
- Cancellation of ferry crossing at Gilimanuk port
The cancellation fee will be applied automatically if the cancellation is made within:
- 50% from the total invoice will be charged if the cancellation is made 15 days before the tour date
- 100% from the total invoice will be charged if the cancellation is made 5 days up to now show
- These cancellations are valid for individual booking only meanwhile for the group booking will be informed separately on our confirmation sheet