Visit Yogyakarta, we assist you to explore all Tourist Destination there
Yogyakarta Travel Tips offer important information about Yogyakarta tourism as a travel guide to visit this city. Yogyakarta is an old city and famous as a centre of education and cultures in Indonesia. There are plenty of archaeological sites spread out in the city as well as the surrounding area. Moreover, you can visit and learn the story of the city with human civilization and their cultures. This Yogyakarta Travel Tips will assist you to recognize the city with its beautiful tourist destinations. It is also guiding you to open the idea of what to do when travelling to Yogyakarta.
Yogyakarta Transportation – Yogyakarta Travel Tips
We start Yogyakarta Travel Tips from the local transportation that will bring you to go around the city.
Modern Vehicles as a result below:
- Taxi with 24 hours services
- Trans Jogja (Public Bus)
- Private Car and furthermore
Traditional Vehicles as a result below:
Becak is traditional transportation with three-wheel mode where the passengers are set in front of the driver. Furthermore, it is like a bicycle using the human power to paddle the bike and it can accommodate up to 2 passengers and furthermore
Andong is a traditional transportation with 2 or 4 wheels pulled by a horse and accommodate 4 – 6 people.
- Bicycle and furthermore
Yogyakarta Tourist Destinations
Yogyakarta is rich with tourist destinations. It is because the location of this city in the strategic area and close to the places of interest, archaeological sites and cultures attractions. Therefore, this city is an ideal place to visit during your vacation in Indonesia. This Yogyakarta Travel Tips provide several Yogyakarta tourist destinations nearby that we can recommend you to visit during your visit to Yogyakarta. Furthermore, please find details information at below links.
YOGYAKARTA TOURIST ACTIVITIES, as a result below:
We are proud to offers fantastic tours with plenty of tour arrangements. Furthermore, most of the tours are tour packages to discover the whole Yogyakarta with beautiful places to visit. Therefore, there are many land tours that you can choose through this website. Moreover, we open for possible departure from Jakarta, Bali, Solo or within Yogyakarta City. It is also discovering the famous Yogyakarta tourist destinations in east part of Java Island such as Bromo and Ijen mount. Furthermore, details of city tours please find at Yogyakarta Tours here.
You can easily find the museum in Yogyakarta as an indicator that this city has been appointed as a centre of education. Furthermore, you can also visit the following museum during your visit to this city such as the Affandi Museum. Furthermore of tourist spot in Yogyakarta are Dirgantara Museum, Sonobudoyo Museum, Kekayon Museum, Batik / Wisma Batik Museum, Fort Vrederburg and Yogya Kembali Museum.
If you interested in adventure activities or join the nature tours. As a result, the following sites can be recommended such as Parang Ending Hill, Kalibiru, Gumuk Pasir Parangkusumo, Cave Tubing Goa Pindul and Lepo Waterfall
Yogyakarta city offers several places for shopping. You may choose the shopping centre or visit the shops to purchase any souvenirs to bring it home such as Malioboro Street. In addition, Kotagede, Ciamis Art Shop, Dagadu and Beringharjo Market also nice place for shopping. Furthermore of shopping area please see a lot at Malioboro shopping street during the tour.
Food or Cuisine
Yogyakarta is rich with local food and famous with the local cuisine. These travel guides provide the following food that you may taste to begin your culinary experience in this city as a below result:
- Gudeg is young and unripe vegetable jack fruit that has a reddish colour, chicken as well as eggs are served with rice.
- Nasi Langgi is warm rice served with various side dishes.
- Kipo is snacks made from tapioca flour dough filled with sweet green shredded coconut.
- Bakpia is a sweet green beans wrapped in thin pastry dough and furthermore
- Jadah Tempe is bread rice cakes as well as sweet bean cakes
- Mixed porridge is Sticky rice mixed with some sweet ingredients and furthermore
Culture and Performances
It is the leather puppets used for shadow plays. Furthermore, Wayang means theatre. Meanwhile, Kulit means skin. It refers to the construction of the puppets that carefully chiselled with very fine tools and supported with carefully shaped buffalo horn handles as well as control rods.
Gamelan is a musical ensemble featuring a variety of instruments such as metallophones, xylophones, drums and gongs, bamboo flutes, bowed and plucked strings.
Batik is a traditional clothes as well as manually made by wax-resist dyeing technique. In addition, Batik designs use of motifs, an element of a pattern, an image or part of it, or a theme.
It is a traditional ceremony famous in Yogyakarta. Furthermore, Sekaten Ceremony is kind of the spirit of struggle and has developed religious values in shaping noble. In addition, it is a moral character of the nation and has a clear flow history.
Every 1st Syawal, the Palace of Yogyakarta set out one “Gunungan” called Gunungan Jaler. Gunungan consists of a series of vegetables, fruits as well as snacks. In addition, the local people arrange it in such a way or a cone-shaped mountain. Meanwhile, Gunungan is a charity lifestyle of the king to his people.
Ritual offering meant to preserve a long sacred relation between the Sultan of Yogya as the direct descendant of the first ruler of the second Mataram Kingdom.
Ramayana Dance Performance
The dance and drama perform the legendary epoch in Javanese culture, Ramayana. This performance is able to unite various Javanese arts aspects such as dance, drama and music on one stage to present the Ramayana story.
Things to Do and Don’t
Things to do in Yogyakarta, as a result below:
- Catch the sunrise in Borobudur
- Learn how to create silver jewellery at Kota Gede
- Visit Prambanan Temple
- Watching the Ramayana Ballet Show
- Explore the Royal Palace as well as meet the Royal Guards
- Get Lost at Water Palace
- Paint your own Batik
- Shop until drop at Malioboro Street
- Explore the Ratu Boko Keraton
- Listen and learn how to play Gamelan and furthermore
Things you can’t do in Yogyakarta (Keraton), as a result below:
- Photographed backs Abdi Dalem
- Using Hat while Entering Keraton Palace
- Sitting in Any Place and furthermore
- Touching Musical Instruments Without Permission
- Taking Picture without permission
- Prohibited stroller brought in and furthermore
School / Education, as a result below:
- Yogyakarta University
- Gadjah Mada University
- Islam Indonesia University
- Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta University
- Ahmad Dahlan University
- Atma Jaya Yogyakarta University
- Islam Negeri Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakarta University
- Pembangunan Nasional Veteran Yogyakarta University
- Kristen Duta Wacana University
- Mercu Buana Yogyakarta University
- Sanata Dharma University
- Teknologi Yogyakarta University
- Institute Seni Indonesia Yogyakarta University
- PGRI Yogyakarta University
- Sarjanawiyata Tamansiswa University
- Janabadra University
- Respati Yogyakarta University
- Proklamasi ’45 University
- Cokroaminoto Yogyakarta University and furthermore
Bali and Yogyakarta Tour Packages, as a result below:
- Bali – Yogyakarta One day Tours
- Borobudur Sunrise Tours- 1 night / 2 days Package
- Bali – Yogyakarta Overnight stay Package
- Borobudur Sunrise Tours afternoon departure
- Borobudur Sunrise Tours evening departure
Tours Start from Yogyakarta, as a result below:
- Borobudur and Prambanan One day tours
- Borobudur Sunrise tours 1 nights / 2 days
- Yogyakarta and Solo Tours 4 Nights / 5 Days
- Yogyakarta, Merapi and Solo Tours 4 Nights / 5 Days
Trips from Solo to Yogyakarta, as a result below:
- Solo and Borobudur Sunrise Tours
- Yogyakarta and Merapi volcano tours
- Solo, Merapi and Borobudur tours
- Solo, Borobudur and Dieng Plateau Tours
Borobudur and Bromo Tours, as a result below:
- Yogyakarta and Mount Bromo Tours
- Yogyakarta, Solo and Mount Bromo Tours
- Borobudur, Mount Bromo and kalibaru Tours
Trips from Jakarta to Yogyakarta
- Jakarta City and Yogyakarta Tours and furthermore
- Jakarta City, Yogyakarta and Bromo Tours and furthermore