Amed Beach is located in the village of Purwakerti, in the Karangasem regency of East Bali. Nestled between the majestic Mount Agung and the azure waters of the Bali Sea, Amed Beach spans several kilometres of coastline, offering a mix of black and white sandy beaches lined with coconut palms and traditional fishing villages. With its calm waters, colourful coral gardens, and diverse marine species, Amed Beach is a paradise for snorkelers and scuba divers, attracting visitors worldwide to its pristine shores.
Historically, Amed was a quiet fishing village whose livelihood depended on the sea’s bounties. Over the years, as word spread about the region’s exceptional diving opportunities, Amed became a popular destination for underwater enthusiasts. Today, while Amed has seen development in tourism infrastructure, it has retained its laid-back charm and authentic Balinese culture, offering travellers a glimpse into traditional island life against a backdrop of stunning natural beauty.
- Scenic Coastal Beauty: Amed Beach captivates visitors with its stunning natural scenery, boasting panoramic views of the Bali Sea against a backdrop of lush green hills and volcanic landscapes.
- Serene Black Sand Beaches: Relax and unwind on the tranquil shores of Amed. The soft black sand meets the gently lapping waves, creating a peaceful atmosphere ideal for sunbathing and beachcombing.
- Crystal-Clear Waters: Immerse yourself in the crystal-clear waters of Amed, perfect for swimming, snorkelling, and exploring the vibrant underwater world, teeming with colourful coral reefs and tropical marine life.
- Traditional Fishing Villages: Experience the authentic charm of Amed’s traditional fishing villages. The local fishermen ply their trade and vibrant Balinese culture thrives amidst charming wooden boats and seaside cottages.
- Cultural Encounters: Engage with friendly locals and discover the rich cultural heritage of Amed through visits to nearby temples, traditional markets, and cultural performances, offering insight into the timeless traditions of Bali.
- Scenic Lookout Points: Ascend the nearby hills or cliffs to enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of Amed’s coastline and surrounding landscapes, providing unparalleled photo opportunities and moments of tranquillity.
- Water Activities: Dive into a world of adventure with various water sports and activities available at Amed Beach. It includes snorkelling, scuba diving, kayaking, and paddleboarding, catering to beginners and experienced enthusiasts.
- Charming Accommodations: Experience authentic Balinese hospitality at the range of accommodations available in Amed. From cosy guesthouses and boutique resorts to luxurious beachfront villas, ensuring a comfortable and memorable stay.
- Culinary Delights: Savor the flavours of Bali with a diverse array of dining options along Amed Beach, from seaside cafes serving fresh seafood to traditional warungs offering delicious local dishes, providing a culinary journey for every palate.
- Relaxation and Wellness: Unwind and rejuvenate your body and mind with yoga sessions, spa treatments, and wellness retreats offered at Amed’s resorts and wellness centres, providing a holistic approach to relaxation and self-care.
Combine your visit to Amed Beach with exciting tours such as the Karangasem Classic Tour, and East Bali VW Safari Tour, or explore other Bali Tour Packages to make the most of your Bali vacation. Contact our team to customize your itinerary and enjoy exclusive deals and discounts.
Other Tourist Attractions
While in the region, don’t miss the opportunity to explore nearby attractions such as Tenganan Village, Besakih Temple, Candidasa Beach, and the Karangasem Royal Palace. Experience the beauty of East Bali at Taman Sukasada Ujung Karangasem, Tirta Gangga Waterpark, Virgin Beach, Tulamben Beach, Bloo Lagoon, and Putung Village, each offering its unique charm and attractions.