The Busungbiu Rice Terrace is nestled in the serene village of Kekeran. It stands as a captivating spectacle within a deep valley. This secluded rice field unveils breathtaking lush green hills and pristine nature. The rice terrace creates an enchanting panorama stretching from the hilltops to the distant sea.
Furthermore, it is in a strategic location, adjacent to the main road connecting Pupuan to Singaraja. The position of this rice terrace is a convenient and accessible gem, merely 30 kilometres south of Singaraja Town. Immerse yourself in the tranquillity and beauty of Busungbiu Rice Terrace. Nature’s allure and the picturesque landscape combine to offer a truly remarkable experience.
The history of Busungbiu Rice Terrace traces back to ancient times when Balinese farmers ingeniously carved terraced landscapes out of the rugged terrain to cultivate rice, the island’s staple crop. Over generations, these farming techniques have been passed down, preserving the cultural heritage and sustaining the livelihoods of local communities. Today, Busungbiu Rice Terrace stands as a testament to Bali’s agricultural traditions and the enduring spirit of its people.
- Breathtaking Views: Marvel at the stunning vistas of cascading rice terraces carved into the hillsides, showcasing the intricate beauty of Bali’s agricultural landscape.
- Cultural Heritage: Learn about the ancient Subak irrigation system, a UNESCO World Heritage practice that sustains the rice fields and reflects Bali’s rich cultural heritage.
- Traditional Farming: Witness traditional Balinese farming methods as local farmers cultivate the fields using age-old techniques passed down through generations.
- Scenic Hiking Trails: Explore the terraced fields on foot along well-maintained hiking trails, offering opportunities for leisurely walks and immersive nature experiences.
- Photography Opportunities: Capture unforgettable moments against the backdrop of lush greenery and terraced slopes, ideal for photography enthusiasts seeking stunning panoramas.
- Sublime Sunsets: Admire the enchanting beauty of the sunset casting golden hues over the rice terraces, creating a magical ambience that captivates the senses.
- Cultural Experiences: Immerse yourself in the local culture by engaging with friendly villagers, participating in traditional rituals, and sampling authentic Balinese cuisine.
Visitors to Busungbiu Rice Terrace can enhance their experience by combining their visit with the following tours:
- Singaraja Lovina Dolphin Watching Tour: Embark on a memorable journey to witness playful dolphins in their natural habitat off the coast of Lovina. Afterwards, continue for a scenic exploration of Singaraja, Bali’s former colonial capital.
- North Bali Cultural Tour: Immerse yourself in the cultural heartland of North Bali with visits to historic temples, traditional villages, and local markets.
Tourist Attractions Nearby
Experience the natural beauty and cultural wonders of North Bali with a visit to nearby attractions such as Gitgit Waterfall, Sekumpul Waterfall, Munduk Waterfall, Aling-Aling Waterfall, and Beratan Lake. Delve into the spiritual significance of Ulun Danu Temple, stroll along Lovina Beach, or rejuvenate in the therapeutic waters of Banjar Hot Springs. Discover other tourist attractions in the same region, such as Pulaki Temple, Buyan Lake, Tamblingan Lake, Ponjok Batu Temple, and Carat Waterfall. Each destination offers a unique glimpse into the diverse landscapes and cultural traditions of Bali’s northern region.