6 Days Baliem Valley Wamena Tour Exploring Nature in Jayapura, West Papua
CODE: BSI – WP03
6 Days Baliem Valley Wamena Tour is an adventure tour package to explore the beautiful nature of Wamena and Jayapura. This tour is very exciting to explore the pure nature and see the amazing natural scenery in West Papua. And also, we will take you to visit traditional villages and see a phenomenal Dani ceremony. Meanwhile, our team has designed this tour agenda perfectly which makes your holiday experience different and special than before. Likewise, you will always be accompanied by an experienced tour guide who makes your trip enjoyable.
In addition, the 6 Days Baliem Valley Wamena Tour will truly take you to the land of West Papua with a unique culture. You will explore the pristine nature by trekking and visiting villages to see the lives of local people. On the other hand, we have offered this tour package at a reasonable and affordable price. For that, you don’t need to hesitate to contact our team to reserve it. Meanwhile, you can also find attractive tour packages in other West Papua tours and in Bali and Beyond Vacation Packages.
Best Offer on 6 Days Baliem Valley Wamena Tour
|Person||1||2||3 – 4||5 – 6||7 – 9||10 – 14||15 – 19||25 – up|
Tour’s Rate Inclusions:
- 21% tax and service charge
- All accommodations during trip:
- Wamena: 4 nights stay at Baliem Pilamo Hotel on Grand Superior Room (twin bed only)
- Jayapura: 1 night stay at Grand Alison Hotel or similar
- Daily Breakfast
- 4 x lunch
- 4 x dinner
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Air-conditioning car transfer based on itinerary
- Local English speaking tour guide
- Dani ceremony of pig feast and dance
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Travel permit arrangements
What is not included in the price?
- Any domestic flight ticket
- Meals and drinks outside of tour itinerary
- Personal Expenses during trip
- Alcoholic drinks
- Small money for taking picture with local people except during the pig feast
- Travel insurance
- All costs incurred if there is any flight cancellation or other causes beyond our control
Attention and Important
For foreigners (not Indonesian citizens) who will visit the Baliem Valley and other regions in West Papua, you must have a valid travel permit. For that, we will help you to arrange this travel document. Therefore, you must send the following documents via our email or our Whatsapp:
- Copy of your valid passport
- 2 pcs of photographs size 3 x 4 / 4 x 6 cm with any background
- Copy of your Indonesia entering visa or immigration stamp
All documents must be sent to us at the latest 5 days (working hours) before arriving in West Papua. In addition, the handling of the travel permit will be carried out in Jayapura Regional Police with office hours from Monday to Friday (08.00 – 15.00).
Tour Agenda of 6 Days Baliem Valley Wamena Tour
DAY-01: Arrival at Jayapura and Fly to Wamena
First of all, we begin the 6 Days Baliem Valley Wamena Tour with your arrival in Jayapura. Our tour guide will meet you at the airport to continue your flight to Wamena. Upon arrival at Wamena, we will go directly to a hotel for the check-in process. Cool air from the mountains and a typical Papuan smile will welcome you. Meanwhile, the temperature in Wamena is quite cold around 10-12 degrees in the afternoon and night. Meanwhile, the temperature is 25 degrees during the day. For this reason, we recommend that you bring a sweater or jacket. Lunch and dinner are not included on the first day of your tour adventure.
DAY-02: Baliem Valley City Tour (B, L, D)
On the second day of the 6 Days Baliem Valley Wamena Tour, we start with breakfast at the hotel. Afterward, we head to Napul Hill to see Baliem Valley’s spectacular natural scenery. This valley stretches for 80 km with a width of 20 km. This valley is truly amazing and beautiful and is located at an altitude of 1600 – 1700 meters above sea level. Then, we explore the nature on foot to the village of Sinakma via a suspension bridge over the Wamena river and Lani Village. Meanwhile, lunch will be served at a local restaurant. After lunch, we will visit the traditional market of Jibama to see how Papuans trade. Then, we continue the journey to Wesaput – Pugima Village and walk around at Dani Village. In the afternoon, we return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY-03: Kurima District – Explore the South of Baliem Valley (B, L, D)
After breakfast at the hotel, we will leave for the south of the Baliem valley for one hour by vehicle. After that, we will start our trekking adventure through the sweet potato garden and enjoy the amazing natural scenery of Baliem George. You can meet local people who live around the Baliem River. So, you can learn about their way of life and unique culture. A lunch box will be provided for your lunch. Meanwhile, we return to the car that is waiting and leave for the hotel. Dinner and overnight at a hotel to close the tour agenda on the third day of the 6 Days Baliem Valley Wamena Tour.
DAY-04: Jiwika – Enjoy Dani Ceremony of Pig Feast and Dance (B, L, D)
On the fourth day of the 6 Days Baliem Valley Wamena Tour, we will witness a unique Dani ceremony. We start our activities with breakfast at the hotel. After that, we drive about 40 minutes to Jiwika Village, located north of the Baliem Valley. You can see the mummy in Sumpaima village and continue walking to other villages in about 10 minutes. Then, you will join in and enjoy Dani’s ceremony from the battle of Mock and Pig Feast. This is a unique tradition that you must see. They will make fire traditionally, kill pigs with arrows, and cook it. They cook the pork in grilled hot stone and along with vegetables and sweet potatoes. This ceremony will take around 4 – 5 hours. Meanwhile, we will provide a lunch box for lunch. This ceremony is complemented by the distribution of food by the chief of the village to the local community after they finish cooking. Finally, we return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY-05: Wamena – Jayapura Tour (B, L, D)
The fifth day of the 6 Days Baliem Valley Wamena Tour is the last day at Wamena. We start with breakfast and check out of the hotel. After that, we leave for the airport and fly to Jayapura. After arriving in Jayapura, we headed straight to Sentani lake. We will explore Sentani Lake by boat to see the beauty of nature with calm lake water and green hills surrounding it. Meanwhile, lunch will be served at Yougwa Restaurant located on the lakeside. If time is still available, we will visit the Anthropology Museum, which is open Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 14:30. However, the museum is closed every Saturday, Sunday and public holidays. Then, we will go to the local Hamadi market in the afternoon to see the unique and beautiful handicrafts from the land of Papua. Finally, we check-in at a hotel, have dinner and overnight stay.
DAY-06: Jayapura – Departure (B)
Today is the last day of the 6 Days Baliem Valley Wamena Tour which is full of adventure agendas. After breakfast and check out from the hotel, we will go to Jayapura Airport to continue your next flight destination.
6 Days Baliem Valley Wamena Tour’s Terms and Conditions
- The above 6 Days Baliem Valley Wamena Tour’s rates are valid until 31 March 2021.
- The above rates are in USD Currency and net including tax and service charge.
- The minimum booking required is 2 adult however if you are a single traveler, the single traveler charge will be applied.
- Prices for children are the same as adult prices.
- Minimum 15 days booking for this 6 Days Baliem Valley Wamena Tour can be accepted otherwise it will be subject to availability bases.
- The booking confirmation is subject to availability bases.
- We require the advance payment and booking request to block and secure the space, otherwise, it will be subject to availability bases.
The cancellation fee will be applied automatically if the cancellation is made within:
- 35% from the total invoice will be charged if the cancellation is made 60 days before the tour date
- 50% from the total invoice will be charged if the cancellation is made 45 days up to now show
- 100% from the total invoice will be charged if the cancellation is made 21 days up to now show
- These cancellations are valid for individual booking only meanwhile for the group booking will be informed separately on our confirmation sheet