5 Days Baliem Valley Jayapura Tour Explore Wamena, Kurima District and See Dani Ceremony
CODE: BSI – WP02
5 Days Baliem Valley Jayapura Tour is an exciting tour package to explore West Papua for 5 days / 4 nights. We have designed this tour package perfectly to invite you to visit Jayapura and see the amazing natural scenery. And also, you can see the unique culture of local people as well as being a tourist attraction for tourists. And even, you can witness a unique attraction in Dani’s ceremony showing the battle of Mock and pig feast on this tour. Besides that, our tour agenda design will take you to explore traditional villages and see how Papuans live. So, this is truly an extraordinary adventurous tour to the land of Candrawasih and enjoy the amazing natural scenery.
In addition, the 5 Days Baliem Valley Jayapura Tour will take you to explore the Wawena, Kurima District, and Jayapura areas. Meanwhile, our tour has been equipped with attractive benefits with experienced tour guides to ensure your holiday trip is enjoyable. Likewise, the prices we offer are reasonable and affordable prices. So, this is one of the popular tours of West Papua Tours as well as Bali and Beyond Vacation Packages.
Best Offer on 5 Days Baliem Valley Jayapura Tour
|Person||1||2||3 – 4||5 – 6||7 – 9||10 – 14||15 – 19||25 – up|
5 Days Baliem Valley Jayapura Tour’s Rate Inclusions:
- 21% tax and service charge
- All accommodations during the trip:
- Wamena: 3 nights stay at Baliem Pilamo Hotel in Grand Superior Room (twin bed only)
- Jayapura: 1-night stay at Grand Alison Hotel or similar
- Daily Breakfast
- 4 x lunch
- 4 x dinner
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Air-conditioning car transfer based on itinerary
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Dani ceremony of pig feast and dance
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Travel permit arrangements
What is not included in the price?
- Any domestic flight
- Meals and drinks outside of the tour itinerary
- Personal Expenses during the trip
- Alcoholic drinks
- Small money for taking pictures with local people except during the pig feast
- Travel Insurance
- All costs incurred if there is any flight cancellation or other causes beyond our control
Attention and Important
For foreigners (not Indonesian citizens) who will visit the Baliem Valley and other regions in West Papua, you must have a valid travel permit. For that, we will help you to arrange this travel document. Therefore, you must send the following documents via our email or our Whatsapp:
- Copy of your valid passport
- 2 pcs of photographs size 3 x 4 / 4 x 6 cm with any background
- Copy of your Indonesia entering visa or immigration stamp
All documents must be sent to us at the latest 5 days (working hours) before arriving in West Papua. In addition, the handling of the travel permit will be carried out in Jayapura Regional Police with office hours from Monday to Friday (08.00 – 15.00).
Tour Agenda of 5 Days Baliem Valley Jayapura Tour
DAY-01: Arrival at Jayapura – Wamena and Half-day City Tour (L, D)
On the first day of the 5 Days Baliem Valley Jayapura Tour, we start with your arrival in Jayapura or you have arrived before. For that, fresh and cool air from the mountains will welcome you accompanied by friendly smiles from local people. Meanwhile, our tour guide will meet you at the airport for direct flights to Wamena. We will book local flight tickets for you based on the available flight schedule. Upon arrival at Wawena Airport, we will head to a hotel for the check-in process. Then, we will leave for Napul hill to see the beautiful view of the Baliem Valley. A valley flanked by green hills with a length of 80 km and width of 20 km perched at an altitude of about 1600 – 1700 meters above sea level. After that, we will go to Sinakma Village via the suspension bridge over the Wamena river and pass through Lani Village. Meanwhile, lunch will be served at a local restaurant. Our journey continues to the traditional market and visits Wesaput in Pugima Village. Finally, we return to the hotel for dinner and an overnight stay.
DAY-02: Kuruma District – Southern of Baliem Valley (B, L, D)
On the second day of the 5 Days Baliem Valley Jayapura Tour, we start breakfast at the hotel. After that, we depart south from the Baliem Valley in about an hour’s drive. Today, we truly venture into the wild by trekking down and up through the hills and past the sweet potato garden. We will enjoy the beautiful natural scenery of Baliem George. And also, we will meet with Papuans who live around the Baliem river. So, you can learn how they live and their culture. Meanwhile, a simple lunch box will be served in this adventure. In the afternoon, we will return to the hotel for dinner and an overnight stay.
DAY-03: Jiwika – Dani’s Ceremony of Pig Feast and Dance (B, L, D)
After breakfast at the hotel, we will depart for Jiwika Village, located north of the Baliem valley. This trip will take around 40 minutes by vehicle. Next, we head to the traditional village of Sumpaima to see the mummy and the life of the villagers. After that, we continue the journey to other villages for about 10 minutes to enjoy and join the Dani ceremony. A unique Papuan ritual in the form of a battle of Mock and pig feast. Likewise, you can see local people making traditional fires and killing pigs with bows and arrows. After that, they cook it on a burning stone together with vegetables and sweet potatoes. The show is held for 4-5 hours and a lunch box will be served in the middle of the day. After cooking, then the village head will distribute food to his people such as roast pork and sweet potatoes. Finally, we end our activity on the third day of the 5 Days Baliem Valley Jayapura Tour by returning to the hotel for dinner and an overnight stay.
DAY-04: Wamena – Jayapura (B, L, D)
The fourth day of the 5 Days Baliem Valley Jayapura Tour is our last day at Wamena. We will leave this city by flying back to Jayapura. we start with breakfast at the hotel and the check-out process. After that, we depart for Wamena Airport to continue the flight to Jayapura. Upon arrival in Jayapura, we will immediately go to Lake Sentani. We will explore this beautiful lake by using a boat to see the lives of the Papuans who live around the lake. Meanwhile, lunch will be served at Yogwa Lake Side Restaurant. If time is still available, then we will visit the Anthropology museum. The museum is open Monday to Friday between 8:00 – 14:30. Meanwhile, they are closed every Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays. After that, we went to the Hamadi traditional market, which sells handicrafts from Papua. We give time to shop for souvenir items to take home. Then, we return to the hotel for dinner and an overnight stay.
DAY-05: Jayapura – Departure (B)
The fifth day of the 5 Days Baliem Valley Jayapura Tour is our last day in West Papua. After breakfast and checking out of the hotel, we will head to Jayapura Aiport to continue your next flight schedule.
5 Days Baliem Valley Jayapura Tour – Terms and Conditions
- The above 5 Days Baliem Valley Jayapura Tour’s rates are valid until 31 March 2021.
- The above rates are in USD Currency and net including tax and service charges.
- The minimum booking required is 2 adults however if you are a single traveller, the single traveller charge will be applied.
- Prices for children are the same as for adults prices.
- A minimum 15-day booking for this 5-Day Baliem Valley Jayapura Tour can be accepted otherwise it will be subject to availability bases.
- The booking confirmation is subject to availability bases.
- We require the advance payment and booking request to block and secure the space, otherwise, it will be subject to availability bases.
The cancellation fee will be applied automatically if the cancellation is made within the:
- 35% of the total invoice will be charged if the cancellation is made 60 days before the tour date
- 50% of the total invoice will be charged if the cancellation is made 45 days up to now show
- 100% of the total invoice will be charged if the cancellation is made 21 days up to now show
- These cancellations are valid for individual booking only meanwhile the group booking will be informed separately on our confirmation sheet