8 Days South Baliem Valley Trekking Tour Exploring Jayapura Nature, West Papua
CODE: BSI – WP04
8 Days South Baliem Valley Trekking Tour is an exciting tour package to explore the beautiful nature of Jayapura in West Papua. This tour will take you to an exciting experience to adventure in the land of Papua for 8 days / 7 nights. We have designed this adventure tour perfectly to take you to the easternmost large island in the Indonesian Archipelago. Meanwhile, we arrange this tour agenda to invite you to see the nature of Papua with spectacular scenery and unique local culture. Likewise, our experienced tour guides will always accompany your trip to provide comprehensive information. So, you will be very happy and comfortable during this tour adventure.
In addition, this 8 Days South Baliem Valley Trekking Tour will truly take you on an adventure in the wild. And also, we will take you to explore traditional villages to get to know Papua’s unique culture. This is one of the popular tours between West Papua Tours or Bali and Beyond Vacation Packages.
Best Offer on 8 Days South Baliem Valley Trekking Tour
|Person||1||2||3 – 4||5 – 6||7 – 9||10 – 14||15 – 19||25 – up|
Tour’s Rate Inclusions:
- 21% tax and service charge
- All accommodations during trip:
- Wamena: 3 nights stay at Baliem Pilamo Hotel on Grand Superior Room (twin bed only)
- Jayapura: 1 night stay at Grand Alison Hotel or similar
- 1 night stay in camp
- 2 nights stay at the guest house
- Daily Breakfast
- 6 x lunch
- 3 x dinner
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Air-conditioning car transfer based on itinerary
- Local English speaking tour guide
- Dani ceremony of pig feast and dance
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Travel permit arrangements
What is not included in the price?
- Any domestic flight ticket
- Meals and drinks outside of tour itinerary
- Personal Expenses during trip
- Alcoholic drinks
- Small money for taking picture with local people except during the pig feast
- Travel insurance
- All costs incurred if there is any flight cancellation or other causes beyond our control
Attention and Important
For foreigners (not Indonesian citizens) who will visit the Baliem Valley and other regions in West Papua, you must have a valid travel permit. For that, we will help you to arrange this travel document. Therefore, you must send the following documents via our email or our Whatsapp:
- Copy of your valid passport
- 2 pcs of photographs size 3 x 4 / 4 x 6 cm with any background
- Copy of your Indonesia entering visa or immigration stamp
All documents must be sent to us at the latest 5 days (working hours) before arriving in West Papua. In addition, the handling of the travel permit will be carried out in Jayapura Regional Police with office hours from Monday to Friday (08.00 – 15.00).
Tour Agenda of 8 Days South Baliem Valley Trekking Tour
DAY-01: Arrival at Jayapura – Wamena
First of all, we begin the 8 Days South Baliem Valley Trekking Tour with your arrival at Jayapura Airport. Fresh mountain air and typical Papuan smiles will welcome you to this Candrawasih earth. Furthermore, our tour guide will meet you at the airport and continue your flight to Wamena. When you arrive at Wamena, we will take you to a hotel for the check-in process. Meanwhile, we will take you to shop to prepare for trekking to the villages the next day. (Lunch and dinner are not included on this first day). After that, we stay at the hotel.
DAY-02: Wamena – Kurima District and Trekking Adventure (B, L, D)
On the second day of the 8 Days South Baliem Valley Trekking Tour, we start with breakfast at the hotel. After that, we drive to Sogokmo in the south of the Baliem valley in about an hour. Then, we start trekking to Dani Village in about 3-4 hours. Meanwhile, our tour guide will always accompany your adventure with a local porter who carries all the equipment and bags including cooking utensils, food ingredients, sleeping bags, food, etc. We will enjoy this moderate level trekking adventure through the Yetni River, Kurima District, and Dani sweet potato garden. We may stop in several places to see the lives of local people. When we arrive at Dani Village, we start cooking for lunch.
After lunch, we will tour around Dani Village until the afternoon. Afterward, we return to camp to enjoy afternoon tea while waiting for dinner. We stay in a guest house without a bed with the grass floor only. Therefore, we advise you to bring a sleeping bag because the temperature is quite cold at around 13 degrees. Meanwhile, the temperature in the afternoon between 23-25 degrees Celsius.
DAY-03: Kurima – Hihundes – Syokosimo (B, L, D)
On the third day of the 8 Days South Baliem Valley Trekking Tour, we start with breakfast at the camp. After that, we return to a trekking adventure by going down the hills and crossing the Baliem river by walking on a suspension bridge. Today, we will walk harder through narrow and slippery footpaths. Our adventure will take around 4-5 hours. Meanwhile, we will stop at a village for lunch. You can swim in the Mugi river located in this village. Meanwhile, we can learn the activities of local people in the late afternoon. Then, we will enjoy dinner and stay at a guest house.
DAY-04: Syokosimo – River Trekking – Seikama (B, L, D)
On the fourth day of the 8 Days South Baliem Valley Trekking Tour, we start with breakfast while enjoying the fresh air. You will really be in a strange area with unique local culture and beautiful pure nature surrounds you. After that, we continue our trekking adventure along the banks of the Mugi river. Then, we hike up the hills to the Seikma hills to enjoy the amazing natural scenery of the Baliem George Valley. We will find a very beautiful valley with Baliem river winding in the hills. Meanwhile, we will enjoy lunch somewhere on our trekking trip. In the afternoon, we will arrive at Sikama Village or another nearby village to rest and enjoy the natural surroundings. After that, we will have dinner and stay at a guest house.
DAY-05: Seikama – Seima – Sogokmo – Wamena (B, L)
Today, we will enjoy a late breakfast before continuing our last trekking adventure. Next, we went back on a trekking adventure to Seima Village for 4 hours through the plantation. When we arrive at Seima Village, we will cook for our lunch. After lunch, we will relax for an hour while enjoying the surrounding nature. After that, we will continue walking to Sogokmo Village in about an hour. Meanwhile, our vehicle is waiting to take us back to Wamena. Upon arrival at Wamena, we will check-in at a hotel and you can enjoy your free time. However, dinner is not included on the fifth day of the 8 Days South Baliem Valley Trekking Tour.
DAY-06: Wamena – Dani Ceremony of Pig Feast and Dance (B, L)
On the sixth day of the 8 Days South Baliem Valley Trekking Tour, we start with breakfast at the hotel. After that, we will go north for 40 minutes to visit a traditional village and see mummy. Then go to a small village to see Dani’s Ceremony about the battle of Mock and pig feast. In this ceremony, you will see Papuans making traditional fires, killing pigs, and cooking them on hot-burning stones. They cook the pork together with vegetables and sweet potatoes. This show will take around 4 – 5 hours. Meanwhile, we will provide a simple lunch box for lunch. Afterward, we return to the hotel and stop at Jibama local market to see how local people trade. Finally, we arrive back at the hotel to stay and have dinner at your own expense.
DAY-07: Wamena – Jayapura Tour (B, L)
Today is the last day of the 8 Days South Baliem Valley Trekking Tour. We start with breakfast and check out of the hotel. After that, we leave for the airport to continue flights to Jayapura. Upon arrival in Jayapura, we will immediately visit Sentani Lake to explore the lake by boat. We will enjoy the view of the lake with a fresh atmosphere and green hills surrounding it. Meanwhile, lunch will be served at Yougwa restaurant located on the lakeside. If there is still time available, we can visit a museum. However, this museum is open from Monday to Friday only between 08.00 – 14.30. Meanwhile, Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays are closed. After that, we can visit the Hamadi traditional market to shop for unique local handicrafts. Afterward, we leave for the hotel to check-in and stay overnight. (Dinner not included).
DAY-08: Jayapura – Departure
Finally, we have finished the adventure of the 8 Days South Baliem Valley Trekking Tour on the eighth day. We start with breakfast and check out of the hotel. After that, we leave for Jayapura airport to continue your next flight schedule.
8 Days South Baliem Valley Trekking Tour’s Terms and Conditions
- The above 8 Days South Baliem Valley Trekking Tour’s rates are valid until 31 March 2021.
- The above rates are in USD Currency and net including tax and service charge.
- The minimum booking required is 2 adult however if you are a single traveler, the single traveler charge will be applied.
- Prices for children are the same as adult prices.
- Minimum 15 days booking for this 8 Days South Baliem Valley Trekking Tour can be accepted otherwise it will be subject to availability bases.
- The booking confirmation is subject to availability bases.
- We require the advance payment and booking request to block and secure the space, otherwise, it will be subject to availability bases.
The cancellation fee will be applied automatically if the cancellation is made within:
- 35% from the total invoice will be charged if the cancellation is made 60 days before the tour date
- 50% from the total invoice will be charged if the cancellation is made 45 days up to now show
- 100% from the total invoice will be charged if the cancellation is made 21 days up to now show
- These cancellations are valid for individual booking only meanwhile for the group booking will be informed separately on our confirmation sheet